Saturday, February 26, 2011

Random stuff: Journey to school

Going to school is a very boring thing to do, and having to go to school half awake makes it even more tedious, especially when you do not feel like going to school. However, I have met with some interesting incidents while going to school. I live at Sengkang, so it takes about 1 hour to reach Hwachong. During this trip which takes 1/24 of one day, interesting things rarely happen. There was only one incident that was slightly interesting in my one year plus trips to Hwachong. One happened last year, at about May(I think). My friend(in pro ed) and I had just boarded the 67 bus at Little India and were standing in a full bus. Halfway through the bus ride, just as the bus was leaving, it stopped. A silence replaced the usual vibration and noise of the engine. All of us felt the change and guessed correctly; the bus's engine had stopped. Refusing to believe it, the bus driver turned the engine key multiple times, but his futile attempts failed. He had no choice but to ask all the passengers to exit, giving us a ticket for a free bus ride and sending us all out of the bus as he went to the back and tried to fix the problem. I stuffed the ticket into my wallet and promptly forgot about it, only finding it this year when it had already expired. Even though I wasted my bus fare, at least I got an interesting experience out of it. And thankfully, I was not late for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment