Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Online Lesson - Descriptive Piece on War


Lying behind a flimsy board, I looked around at my comrades. We urgently needed medical help, but were surrounded by enemies from all sides. Being discovered would mean instant death, a prospect none of us were looking forward to. All of us were injured, but I was one of the lucky ones, a cut by a bullet grazing past my thigh. However, my friends were not as lucky, some on the verge of death, kept awake only by sheer determination.
I thought about risking a peek outside, but it was dangerous. If I succeeded, we would be able to relay our location to the main camp, who would then send a squadron of soldiers to help us. I dared not think of the consequences of getting seen by the enemy. Muttering a quick prayer, I raised my head slightly over the the board. No enemies in sight, check. I quickly relayed our location to the camp, and they promised to send aid immediately. I ducked my head down and slumped in relief. "Help would be coming soon, so lets just hold on for a little longer", I whispered, providing everyone with a fresh burst of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment